Newton & Co is a trading name of Newton & Co Limited whose registered number is 09097235 and registered office is 517 Tonge Moor Rd, Harwood, Bolton, BL2 3BG. We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and any information you supply will be treated in accordance with that Act.
INFORMATION GATHERED AND ITS USE
We process personal information about current, past and potential tenants, landlords, home owners and buyers and all people who enquire through us, so we can provide properties for rent and sales, both residential and commercial.
We receive and store any of the information you give us to communicate with you, to advertise properties, to prevent fraud, for accounting and for auditing purposes. For lettings this includes; managing properties for applications and for tenancies, checking applicant suitability for tenancies (including credit checks, previous landlord checks, employment checks, immigration and similar checks), collecting rent, maintaining our accounts and records, paying landlords, for debt collection and dealing with tenancy deposits. We will not collect personal information about you unless you provide us with that information voluntarily to comply with current anti-money laundering regulations and other governing laws.
We may use your information to send you news about our products and services. We may contact you by post, email, telephone or SMS for these purposes. If you do not wish to receive such communication, you can opt out by emailing us at : [email protected] – Please note that there may be instances where it may be necessary for us to communicate with you, in any event, for administrative or operational reasons relating to our service. Where you have consented to being contacted by third parties, we may make your information available to them.
These following services, require and make use of personally identifiable information;
– When you take advantage of any of our services by instructing us to sell or rent out your property, you will be asked for further information about you and your property and we will store this information for marketing and anti-money laundering compliance purposes. Your address will be disclosed on marketing materials such as property brochures, window displays, digital advertising, online property portals, newspaper and canvasing leaflets. These will contain reference to the characteristics of your property provided and contain photographs of your property, which will normally result in the identity of your address.
– When a potential buyer or tenant requests to view a property or enquires about a property, we will take details of their name, address, email, telephone number and their current buying position (for lettings, we will ask additional questions eg : pets, employment situation, universal credits etc). Once a viewing is confirmed, they will be provided with a confirmation of the viewing, together with the name and address of the seller or landlord (or if we are doing the viewing, just the address & time). The home owner/landlord will be provided with the name of the viewer. Any feedback information provided by the viewer will be recorded and passed on to the seller or landlord.
– When a potential buyer or tenant makes an offer, the seller or landlord will be provided with the name of the person who has made the offer, together with details of their position as a purchaser or tenant (not on the market, on the market, sold subject to contract, mortgage or cash purchase and position etc). In the event that an offer is made, we will require further information such as the name and contact details of your conveyancer, as well as mortgage information (if applicable). This will then be sent to the buyer, seller and the solicitors of both parties.
Tenancy Applications & Agreements
– Relevant information may include; personal details, employment and education details and financial details. By law, we have to carry out immigration checks on new tenants and residents. We have to keep copies of the documents we inspect as part of these checks. We may keep these copies on computer and share information with others and our third party credit check company.
– We send out an email to buyers or tenants containing properties that match your search criteria to the latest email address you supplied to us. To opt out of receiving these, a customer can follow the unsubscribe instructions on these emails or send an email to : [email protected]
Information You Post To Our Platforms
– Information or reviews that you send to us by posting on our website, blog, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Google+ pages are stored on our servers. We do not specifically use that information except to allow it to be read, however we do reserve a right to use it for marketing purposes.
Third Parties : Sales
– If we offer or supply a service to you that is provided on our behalf by a third party, we may have to pass your information to them in order to deliver the service. We may refer you to a recommended solicitor, mortgage adviser, energy performance assessor, building surveyor etc. This may include processing your information eg : to complete partial addresses or to augment the information we hold about you. In either case, we will not pass your data to anyone who is not also registered with the Data Protection Act 1998 or is not subject to these and/or similar provisions in our contract with them. We will not allow the third party to use your information commercially without your consent. Their use of your personal information is governed by their privacy policies. We are not responsible for their privacy policies and practice.
– We will not otherwise disclose, sell or distribute your information to any third party without your permission, unless we are required to do so by law.
– Except as specified above, we do not rent, sell or otherwise disclose any of your information to any persons outside our business.
Third Parties : Lettings
– We may need to share personal information we process with other people, companies and organisations. If we have to do this, we will keep to data protection legislation. These include; other landlords, employers, suppliers (including gas, electricity and water companies) and service providers, educational institutions, universities and colleges, credit and tenant-reference agencies, tenancy deposit schemes, financial organisations (including banks), debt-collection and tracing agencies, public and government bodies (including those who deal with benefits and council tax), letting and managing agents, contractors and repairers, mortgage or building surveyors and any future owner of the property. This does not necessarily mean that we share information with all of the above, but we may do so if we need to.
– To make sure that council tax and utility/service bills (including water charges) are correctly collected, we share information with the relevant local authority and utility/service providers. We also share this information to make sure that bills are sent to the correct person and charges and debts can be collected. By law, in certain areas, we have to pass information about who lives in a property to water companies. In all other areas, although this is voluntary, we may pass this information to water companies.
– We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our service or to provide the service on our behalf. These third parties including Credits Check, AML Check and Inventory Report companies have access to your personal information, only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Access To, Changing or Removing the Information We Hold
– At any time, you may review or update the personally identifiable information that we hold about you. If you have any queries concerning your personal information and would like to update us with any changes or if you require access to the information we hold, please contact us at : [email protected] To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information. You can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting the Information Commissioner’s website at : www.ico.org.uk.
– When we receive a complaint, we record all of the information received. We use that information to resolve your complaint. If your grievance reasonably requires us to contact a third party, we may decide to share some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information and, if we do, what that information is. We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person. You can find our complaints procedure in full right HERE on our website.
Job Application & Employment
– If you send us information in connection with a job application, we may keep it for up to three years in case we choose to contact you at a later date. If you are employed by us, we collect information about you and your work during the period of your employment. This information will be used only for purposes directly relevant to your employment. After your employment has ended, we will keep your file for six years before destroying or deleting it.
COOKIES AND TRACKING
The cookies in use to deliver Google Analytics service are described below:
Cookies: __utma , __utmb , __utmc , __utmv , __utmz
Title: Google Analytics
Description: These cookies are used to store information, such as what time your current visit occurred, whether you have been to the site before, and what site referred you to the web page. These cookies contain no personally identifiable information but they will use your computer’s IP address to know from where in the world you are accessing the Internet. Google stores the information collected by these cookies on servers in the United States. Google may transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
For more information on the usage of cookies by Google Analytics, please see the Google website. A link to the privacy advice for this product is provided HERE for your convenience.
SECURITY AND TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
We take all reasonable care to prevent any unauthorised access to and use of your personal data. We have security measures in place to protect your personal information kept on our customer database and within our offices.
– We will retain your information for a period of 5 years as required by law for all buyers, vendors, tenants and landlords that have taken up our service. We are required to retain this information by law to comply with anti-money laundering legislation and may need this information to support a claim or defence in court or for accountancy/tax reasons.
Place of Processing
– All of the information we record is restricted to our offices within the United Kingdom.
– Our website is prepared and issued in the United Kingdom and is intended for the information of United Kingdom residents only.
– Our web site is hosted in the EU. We also use outsourced services in countries outside the EU from time to time in other aspects of our business. Accordingly, data obtained within the UK may be “processed” outside the UK and data obtained in any other country may be processed within or outside that country.
– The Internet is not a secure medium, however to protect your data, we put in place various security procedures including use of firewalls, backup measures and password protection for all PC’s holding personal data. Our P.C’s that store information are kept in a secure building with controlled access. All staff and those working for our agents and contractors maintain a responsibility to keep your information confidential. We limit access to data to relevant employees and will only use it to offer relevant products and services related to your enquiry. If we are working with third parties, we will require them to have in place similar measures to protect your information.
If you use your vendor/ applicant log-in to our system, it remains your responsibility to protect yourself against unauthorised access to your log-in details. If you share a computer with someone else or use a public internet access, then please remember to close down all browser windows when you finish. We would advise you to delete the browsing history and log off the computer. This will help ensure any personal information that is stored temporarily in the computer’s memory is lost.
LEGAL INFORMATION AND YOUR AGREEMENT
Access by you to our website or services is confirmation that you have understood and agreed to be bound by all of these terms and conditions;
– Whilst we use all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information published on the website is accurate, up-to-date and complete at the date of publication, no representatives or warranties are made as to the accuracy, currency or completeness of such information. We cannot accept responsibility for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information appearing on the website or property details. We make no warranty that our website is free from errors, defects or viruses.
Email and Links To Other Websites
– All measurements and areas detailed in a floorplan or description are approximate and are issued as a guideline only. If these details are essential to a purchase, buyers must rely on their own investigations. None of the appliances or services detailed have been tested by us and no warranty is given or implied. Any purchasers must satisfy themselves as to the condition of any property or item included within the sale authorities.
– The entire contents of our website including text and images remain property of Newton & Co Limited and remain subject to copy right with all rights reserved. You may print or download individual sections of the website for personal use and information only. You may only print, display or download temporary copies of individual sections of the website to your computer for your own personal, non-commercial use. You may not reproduce (in whole or in part), modify, decompile, disassemble, transmit or use any information from this website for any commercial purpose without our prior written consent. You may not link to this site or frame it without the express consent of Newton & Co Limited.
Disclosure For Legal Reasons
– We reserve the right to communicate such personal information that we hold to legal authorities or third parties which seek the disclosure of, if we are requested to do so by law.
Changes To This Policy